Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Spring Reading List

Hello!

Spring is here, and it's time for a new reading list! This is by far one of my favorite posts to write! I currently have sooo many books that I want to read so it was hard to pick just five. After much thought here's a few books that I'm excited to read this season...



I had to choose this one for my list. I love Sophie Kinesella's Shopaholic Series (and pretty much everything she writes), so I was excited when I found she had a new book that was recently released.

My (not so) Perfect Life is about Katie Brenner, a girl who when she finally starts to get everything in her life under control, she gets fired by her boss. To stay positive she leaves the city and goes to her family's farm to help set up a family business. Unexpectedly her boss, Demeter, shows up as a guest, secrets come out, and everything changes.



I'm actually currently reading this book, but it is soooo good that I had to add it to the list so others know what a great read this is. The story is about Ove, a grumpy old man, who loves his routines and rules. At first I hated Ove. He was the bitter neighbor who didn't get along with anyone. However as the story evolves you learn more of his back story and about the love for his wife, his heart of gold, and his dedication to his neighbors, and my feelings toward him have changed. It's an easy read with times of laugh out loud moments as well as moments of sadness. It's definitely a must read!



So I must admit I'm currently obsessed with reading thrillers/ suspense novels. Looking back at January and February, I think about 75% of the books (if not more) that I've read fall into this category. This is probably the most anticipated book that I've been waiting to read. I've been on the waiting list at my local library to get a copy of this book since December, and I'm finally "next in line"! I should be reading this book any day now; I just hope I'm not disappointed!

The Couple Next Door is about how a horrible crime occurred at Anne and Marco's home involving their baby, Cora, while they were next door at a dinner party. As the story is told the truth unravels, secrets are told, and readers discover what really happened that night.  



I've been reading a few biographies lately recently being Anna Kendrick's and Amy Schumar's, so this book was recommended to me on Amazon. It got amazing reviews and come on, who doesn't love Lorelai from the Gilmore Girls! Yes, I watched the entire series of the Gilmore Girls, and yes, I'm guilty of  binge watching the Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life on Netflix when it came out. I'm excited to read Lauren Grahams stories about her life, working in Hollywood on the sets of Parenthood and Gilmore Girls, and love. 




I'm anxiously waiting for this book to be released; it doesn't hit stores until April 11. I had to add this one to my list because I read Megan Miranda's book All the Missing Girls, and it was honestly one of my favorite books I read this year. She had me guessing and at the edge of my seat the whole time. It was one of those books that I just wanted to know what happened and I didn't want to put down. I'm hoping this one is just as good!

What books are on your reading list?

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment