Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Winter Reading List

Hello!
Well it's that time of year when the temperatures are in the single digits, and I prefer not to leave the house unless it's absolutely necessary! Because I spend a lot of time indoors, winter is one of my favorite seasons to read.
I've mentioned before that I enjoy reading and gave you my reading list for the fall, I thought I would share with you some of the books that I plan on reading this winter too.
I've had this book for a couple of months now, but I've never read it. This is one of my top books to read this winter because I'm currently obsessed with suspense novels and this is just that.
This book focuses on a private jet crashing into the ocean minutes after in the air. The passengers include eleven prestigious, infleuntial people, all who were killed, and two survivors, a four year old boy and Scott, a painter.
The story goes back and forth with the backstories of the people who were on the plane, the relationship between Scott and the four year old boy after the crash, and what really happened prior to the crash. Was it merely by  chance that so many influential people perished? Or was something far more sinister at work?
I love Anna Kenderick! She seems very down to earth, relatable and funny. So I was excited when I heard that she was coming out with her own book. In "Scrappy Little Nobody" she shares stories of her childhood, dating experiences, and her career. I read the reviews and people say that it's "highly entraining" and "hilariously honest."
This book is actually book one of "Winter Street Trilogy" (the other two are: Winter Stroll and Winter Storms) I actually feel like a slacker that I haven't read this book (or the other two) because Elin Hilderbrand is one of my favorite authors, and I have read all of her other books. Not sure why I haven't read these!
Anyways in true Hildebrand fashion, the story takes place in Nantucket. Kelley Quinn is the owner of Nantucket's Winter Street Inn and a father of four grown children. The holidays are approaching and Kelley just wants to spend time with his family at the inn. It's not that simple though. Instead the Quinn family will deal with a love triange, an unplanned pregnancy and a federal crime all through the holiday season.
This is another book that I've had that I've been waiting to read. Sycamore Glen, North Carolina appears as the perfect neighboorhood, but behind the white picket fences everyone has their own secrets. All the secrets start to unravel after a woman from the past returns.
My final pick is another suspense/thriller novel. The book is the story about the disppearance of two young women which happened a decade apart. What really happened to Corrine and Annaleise? Megan Miranda takes us on a rollercoater ride with twists and turns to find out.
To see what I'm currently reading click here.
What's on your reading list this winter?
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment